Easter Tablescape; Mr McGregor's Garden
Updated: Apr 13
Knowing that my COVID Easter table would have empty chairs around it this year made me want to pull out all the stops and make it magical for my family.
Thinking about styling ideas for an Easter table took me down a rustic rabbit hole which lead me to Mr McGregor's garden, of Peter Rabbit fame. Although not necessarily seasonally accurate my vision board was filled with heritage carrots, radish, cabbage, birds nests of course rabbits - lots of them . Working on my initial inspiration vision board I was immediately drawn to the beautiful colours of Mr McGregor's vegetable and cut flower garden. So that‘s how I ended up taking a detour away from the traditional Easter bunny and deeper into the mischievous world of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny.
If you’d like to create your own Peter Rabbit inspired tablescape this is what you’ll need:
- Blue table cloth (representing Peter Rabbits blue jacket). My beautiful antique linen table cloth is from Gzbadboys Decorative
- Orange and green napkins for carrots. Again my antique linen napkins are from Gzbadboys Decorative
- Grapevine ring - birds nest chargers
- Vintage terracotta plant pots. Available from Sugden and Daughter https://www.sugdenanddaughters.co.uk/product-page/vintageterracottapots
- Dinner candles in reds, pinks, orange and green tones to reflect the colourful garden vegetable.
- Faux moss covered rabbits
Click ok the links above to watch me create lettuce vases and carrot napkins.
This Peter Rabbit /Mr McGregor’s garden inspired tablescape is not exclusive to Easter; swap lettuce for cabbage and Spring tulips for autumn dahlias and this would make a suitably styled autumn harvest festival table too.
Thank you for reading my blog. You can also find more from me in the following places:
Instagram - http://www.Instagra.com/elegantlyknackeredstyle
My vintage garden ware business - http://www.sugdenanddaughter.co.uk